Heritage Real Estate (NSW) Pty Ltd, trading as Wiseberry Heritage, Wiseberry Charmhaven and Wiseberry Wyong acknowledge and respect the privacy of individuals and as such make every effort to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act").
What is personal information:
Personal information means any information that can be used to personally identify you.
What personal information do we collect and hold:
Personal information collected by us may include your:
- mailing or street address
- email address
- contact telephone number(s)
- facsimile number
- solicitor or conveyancer details
- age or date of birth
- driver licence number
- enquiry comments or suggestions
How do we collect your personal information:
Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you. For instance, we may collect personal information from you when you fill in a form from one of our websites, enquire about a property for sale/for rent, enquire about or register for services advertised on this website, during phone conversations between you and a representative from Wiseberry Heritage, Wiseberry Charmhaven or Wiseberry Wyong, attend an open home, when you send us an email, use our services, use any of our linked websites and when you sign up to email alerts.
Use and disclosure of personal information:
Personal information collected by us will only be:
- treated with strictest confidence
- collected by lawful and fair means
- used for lawful purposes
- collected with your consent
- disclosed with your consent
- used for the purpose it is collected
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
- to answer your enquiry as submitted to one of our websites, to provide advice and to provide the service you are seeking from us. Wiseberry Heritage, Wiseberry Charmhaven and Wiseberry Wyong take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is not being misused;
- for secondary purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a manner;
- for purposes related to promotion and marketing (including direct marketing). For example, we may use the personal information we collect from you in our direct marketing to identify particular products and services we believe may be of interest and benefit to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and how they may benefit you. These communications may be in the form of email, telephone, SMS, mail and fax. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, please tell us by emailing us at email@example.com or follow the opt-out route as indicated in our marketing communications;
- to maintain our database on properties, property owners, purchasers, landlords, tenants.
- to assess the performance of our website;
- to comply with any law, regulation and rule
To whom do we disclose your personal information:
- to our employees and related entities;
- to external organisations and parties who are contracted to Wiseberry to provide particular services on our behalf such as marketing systems, designs, supplies and prints, web hosting providers, IT administrators, mailing houses, and other service providers;
- to other persons and organisations including your representatives (for example your accountant, solicitor, professional adviser), governmental and regulatory authorities;
- to Wiseberry Franchises Pty Limited;
- When required by law.
We do not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
Wiseberry Head Office operates our websites with outsourced technical assistance.
When visiting this site and the Wiseberry eMagazine, a record of your visit is logged and information automatically recorded. We may collect information for statistical purposes to find out how our website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of use, to discover what information is most and least used. Knowing what is useful to you enables us to make the website more helpful, to provide better services, to improve its performance and to increase its effectiveness. Wiseberry may also log errors and collect information for security purposes when for example it suspects an illegal use of the website. The information logged when you access the website includes:
- The user's Internet domain and Your IP or server's address;
- The date and time of your visit to the site;
- The pages you visit and the documents downloaded;
- Your web browser version and type (for example internet explorer, safari, etc);
- The user's operating system (for example, Windows NT, Windows 97 & 98,OSX etc);
- The time taken to transmit information to you; and
- The previous Internet address from which you came directly to this website.
All of this information is used for statistical analysis or systems administrative and security purposes. In such instances, no attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except if we suspect an improper use of the website and/or when required by or under law.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser while you are browsing the website.
The law provides specific provisions that prohibit Wiseberry Heritage, Wiseberry Charmhaven or Wiseberry Wyong from collecting, using or disclosing anyone's personal information except in performing their duties and in specific situations permitted by law.
Personal information received from you is held with the strictest confidence. We will endeavour to keep personal information securely stored in our systems. Employees only have access to your personal information when needed in the performance of their duties. Wiseberry takes measures to protect stored information using anti-virus software and barriers (such as Firewall) to protect unauthorised users to access our system. The information will only be released if required by law or your permission granted. Wiseberry will however not be held responsible for unauthorised access to the information.
You need to be aware however of the inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should subscribe to, use and access this website, its services and/or our eMagazine.
To increase the security of your information, please ensure to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to secure your information from others who may be sharing a computer with you, or when using a computer in a public place.
Links to third party websites:
Our internet site and eMagazine may contain links to other websites. These websites are conducted by third parties and Wiseberry does not control, approve, review or endorse the content or the information collected on these websites. Prior to disclosing your personal information on any other website, you should refer to the privacy statements directly available on those websites. We also accept no responsibility for the currency, reliability and accuracy of the information available on linked websites.
Correction or Deleting your Personal Information:
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your personal information be corrected or deleted from our system.