A : 1/254 Lakedge Avenue, Berkeley Vale
The Wiseberry group (Wiseberry Franchises Pty Limited and its related bodies (‘Wiseberry’), franchisees and licensees) acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals and as such makes every efforts to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act").
What is personal information:
Personal information means any information that can be used to personally identify you.
What personal information do we collect and hold:
Personal information collected by us may include your:
- mailing or street address (past and current)
- email address
- telephone number
- facsimile number
- age or date of birth
- driver licence number
- enquiry comments or suggestions
How do we collect your personal information:
Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you. For instance, we may collect personal information from you when you fill in a form, enquire about a property for sale/for rent or enquire about or register for services advertised on this website and on our apps, when you enter a competition or promotion, when you fill out a survey or other forms, during conversations between you and the Wiseberry Group, when you communicate with one of our franchisees via our website and our apps, when you have a property transaction involving one of our franchisees, when you send us an email, use our services, use any of our linked websites and when you sign up to email alerts.
We will also collect information automatically when you use the websites. See Information Logged below.
Use and disclosure of personal information:
Personal information collected by us will only be:
- treated with strictest confidence
- collected by lawful and fair means
- used for lawful purposes
- collected with your consent
- disclosed with your consent
- used for the purpose it is collected
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
- to answer your enquiry as submitted to this website, to provide advice and to provide the service you are seeking from us. Wiseberry takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is not being misused
- for secondary purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a manner
- for purposes related to promotion and marketing (including direct marketing). For example, we may use the personal information we collect from you in our direct marketing to identify particular products and services we believe may be of interest and benefit to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and how they may benefit you. These communications may be in the form of email, SMS, mail and fax. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information from Wiseberry, please tell us by emailing us at email@example.com or follow the opt-out route as indicated in our marketing communications
- to maintain our database on properties, property owners, purchasers, landlords, tenants
- to assess the performance of our website
- to assess the performance of our franchisees and to improve the quality of our services, we may contact you via email or mail asking you to complete a survey
- to comply with any law, regulation and rule
- To improve, enhance and tailor the website for you (for example by providing content or features that match your interests)
- To provide you with and target advertising based on your activity and interests, both on our websites and apps and on third-party sites and apps
To whom do we disclose your personal information:
- to our employees, related entities and franchisees
- to external organisations and parties who are contracted to Wiseberry to provide particular services on our behalf such as marketing systems, designs, supplies and prints, web hosting providers, IT administrators, mailing houses, analytic providers and other service providers
- to other persons and organisations including your representatives (for example your accountant, solicitor, professional adviser), governmental and regulatory authorities
- When required by law
We may disclose personal information to service providers located overseas where our data hosting and other IT and email service providers are stored on an overseas server. We may disclose your personal information to entities within Australia who may store your data overseas. In the unlikely event that a disclosure is made to an overseas recipient, the information may not be protected by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). By providing your details however you consent to your information being disclosed in this manner.
Wiseberry operates the website with outsourced technical assistance.
When visiting our websites, the Wiseberry apps and the Wiseberry eMagazine, a record of your visit is logged and information automatically recorded. We may collect information for statistical purposes to find out how our website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of use, to discover what information is most and least used. Knowing what is useful to you enables us to make the website more helpful, to provide better services, to improve its performance and to increase its effectiveness. Wiseberry may also log errors and collect information for security purposes when for example it suspects an illegal use of the website.
We may also use non-personal information to serve ads on third party websites.
The information logged when you access the website includes:
- The user’s device used when accessing the websites (eg. Computer, tablet, phone, etc)
- The user's Internet domain and Your IP or server's address
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages you visit and the documents downloaded
- The time you spend on our sites
- Your web browser version and type (for example internet explorer, safari, etc)
- The user's operating system
- The time taken to transmit information to you
- The previous Internet address from which you came directly to this website
All of this information is used for statistical analysis or systems administrative and security purposes. In such instances, no attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except if we suspect an improper use of the website and/or when required by or under law.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and saved on your hard disk by your computer’s browser while you are browsing the websites.
If you want to disable cookies, you will need to do this by changing your website browser settings which are normally found under the tools or privacy tabs in your browser menu. However disabling cookies may affect the full functionality of our websites. By continuing to use this site with your current browser settings, you consent to our websites using cookies.
A web beacon is an electronic image, also called a single-pixel or clear GIF, placed in the code of a webpage or in emails. Wiseberry uses web beacons on its websites to track traffic patterns of users as they navigate from page to page. This information may help us improve your browsing experience, including helping provide you with content customized to your interests. Web beacons also help us understand whether emails are being read and links within emails being clicked so that we may deliver relevant content.
Tracking and Targeting:
We may also use non-personal information that we collect about you on our websites with cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies to identify you on third party websites with whom we have arrangements to deliver advertisements or marketing tailored to your interests on those third party websites.
Usage data is collected so that we may display advertisements and content on our and third party websites. We target advertisements and content in order to improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content.
The law provides specific provisions that prohibit Wiseberry from collecting, using or disclosing anyone's personal information except in performing their duties and in specific situations permitted by law.
Personal information received from you is held with the strictest confidence. We will endeavour to keep personal information securely stored in our systems. Employees only have access to your personal information when needed in the performance of their duties. Wiseberry takes measures to protect stored information using anti-virus software and barriers (such as Firewall) to protect unauthorised users to access our system. The information will only be released if required by law or your permission granted. Wiseberry will however not be held responsible for unauthorised access to the information.
You need to be aware however of the inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should subscribe to, use and access this website, its services, the Wiseberry Apps and/or our eMagazine.
To increase the security of your information, please ensure to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to secure your information from others who may be sharing a computer with you, or when using a computer in a public place.
Links to third party websites:
Our internet site, apps and eMagazine may contain links to and/or information from other websites. These websites are conducted by third parties and Wiseberry does not control, approve, review or endorse the content or the information collected and sourced from these websites. Prior to disclosing your personal information on any other website, you should refer to the privacy statements directly available on those websites. We also accept no responsibility for the currency, reliability and accuracy of the information available on and/or sourced from linked websites.
Correction or Deleting your Personal Information:
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your personal information be corrected or deleted from our system. You may also contact us at the same email address should you have any queries or concerns relating to this policy and/or your personal information.
Social Media Widgets and Wiseberry applications:
The Wiseberry websites include functionality to enable sharing via third party social media applications (such as the FaceBook Share Button). These social media applications may collect and use information regarding your use of our websites. Any personal information that you provide via such social media applications may be collected and used by other members of that social media application and any interactions are governed by the privacy policies of these third party social media sites. We do not have control over or responsibilities over these third party sites.
Wiseberry websites also host blogs and other applications and services to facilitate to sharing of information. Any personal information that you provide on any of our hosted blogs or other applications may be shared with and viewed be other users over whom we have limited or no control.